Hi, Matt and Ben here
This week we have been thinking about some of the differences between the Dominican Republic and England.
We drew a poster about them.
We wrote a list:
- The weather is hotter.
- There are big thunderstorms
- There are lots of coconut trees
- There is lots of rubbish in the streets
- The flag is different (and so is the flag song)
- Many windows have no glass and are funny shapes
- There are big gutters in the streets
- The sea is warm
- Many people are very poor
- There aren’t many parks or places to run around
- You can’t drink water from the taps
- Lots of power cuts. Houses have big batteries to power the house when there is a powercut
- The wildlife and plants are different
- There are lots and lots of motorbikes
- There are lots of different foods
- The environment isn’t as nice as in England